Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Catch-Up and Mustard

Where to begin...

Let's see, my last "real" update was back in February... Quite a bit has happened since then!

At the end of March, I finally received my offer letter from Eastern and am now officially on staff full-time. I'm still working on the alumni website, the Eagle's Nest, and have also taken on the role of Prospect Researcher. Several weeks ago, I went through training for the latter of the two roles, and thus far, I have really been enjoying the new responsibilities. It's not a job little girls dream of doing when they grow-up, but I'm finding it to be a really fascinating field. Coming up in June, I'll be attending the Mid-Atlantic Researcher's Conference, where I should learn a whole boat load more about the profession and get the chance to network with other researchers from around the area.

Daniel is still at the Mansion, but has been looking for another job over in PA. He's been on a few interviews so far. Most recently, he interviewed for a ground's keeper position at Eastern. We're both praying that this job comes through - Dan would absolutely love to be working at Eastern, and of course, I'd be ecstatic, too!! This would also mean that Dan would be working more regular hours and we would have weekends off together (woohoo!) and we could commute together until we move over to PA.

Speaking of moving to PA, Dan and I had plans to move in July, but due to some unexpected circumstances, those plans have put on hold. Currently, we are looking to move around September and although we are casually looking, we'll fully resume our apartment search around June/July when apartment complexes will have a better idea of how many units will be available in the fall.

Even though we were looking forward to the move, we're feeling content about staying in our house for the summer. Daniel has done a lot of work outside constructing a fire pit for us. We've had several cookouts and have been enjoying having the best part of a camping trip in our own backyard. Yesterday, Dan also put up some torches that were left by the previous renters and the whole area looks very inviting. We're hoping to find a cheap table to keep out there as well so we don't have to keep using our nice fold up tables from inside.

Last week Daniel and I celebrated our 6 month "anniversary" with a dinner at Iron Moto, a favorite local hibachi restaurant of ours. *^-^* It's hard to believe that we have been married for half a year already! I know it's not that long, but I still feel like it was just yesterday that we started dating (rather, I began assuming that we were dating... ).

Tonight, our good friends Erika and Greg from Maine are coming to stay with us for a few days. They have a wedding in PA on Saturday and are taking a few days off to spend time with friends down in this area since they can't make it down very often. It should a fun few days!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Yay for an update. Though, I guess I knew most of that stuff, so it wasn't really an update to me. I hadn't heard about the fire pit thing-y, but saw pictures...looks really cool!