Thursday, August 19, 2010

Get'cha Head in the Game

Ok, people... I fully admit that I have absolutely sucked at blogging for the past month and a half. Sure, I may have had an excuse during my month of travel, but for the past few weeks? I don't really have a good excuse - I've just been lazy, I guess. I haven't even commented on a post in weeks! Sheesh... and I call myself a blogger...

Anyway, I've decided that my laziness ends now. I'm back in the game. I miss blogging and I miss reading all your lovely blogs - I'm sure I have a lot of catching up to do!

And speaking of catching up, I think I'll kick things off with my long overdue photos from Oregon.

Even though my trip to Portland was for a work conference, we were able to squeeze in quite a bit of traveling. This was my third time in Portland and let me tell you, I absolutely love that city. I'd move there in a heart beat and I've been *subtly* sneaking some Portland Fun Facts into conversation with Daniel to try and convince to relocate to the Pacific Northwest... so far, he hasn't taken the bait (but, I haven't given up yet!).

Haystack Rock at Canon Beach. Apparently, it this in the movie Goonies:


A shot of city from one of Portland's 10 bridges over the Willamette River:

This is Portland's unofficial motto:


Waiting in line at Voodoo Doughnuts (I was kind of boring and only got the Neopolatin; if I hadn't been so stuffed from dinner, it would've been all over the Bacon Maple Bar):

One of my favorite shots from the Portland Rose Gardens:

Multnomah Falls:

Showing my love for the beautiful landscape of the Columbia River Gorge:


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is for sure the beach from the Goonies, I loved that movie as a kid!

Looks like you've had a great summer traveling!

Devon said...

looks like a nice place to visit... maybe i'll get there someday. probably not. but at least i can live vicariously through your pics! ;)

Unknown said...

Just dropping by to let you know I've restarted my blog and I hope you will follow me again! http://jessraquel702.blogspot.com/