Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday: Dream Home


This week, the Undomestic Mamma's Top 2 Tuesday theme is Dream Homes.

At this point in my life, I'd take just about any home that's bigger than my apartment and doesn't resemble a glorified dorm room, but since we're talking "dream" home, here are my picks:

1. A Log Cabin in the Woods


Perhaps I have log cabins on the brain since my in-laws have been talking about getting one (they subscribe to a Log Home Living magazine that Dan and I love flipping through when we visit them). My mom also lived in a log cabin when she was first married and to this day, she still refers to it as her favorite house that she's ever lived in. They seem so cozy and romantic. Plus, living in the woods would be like camping all the time with all the comforts of home.

2. A Country Cottage with a White Picket Fence

I'm thinking almost specifically of my Nana's house. Even though her home is not in an ideal setting, the house itself is lovely and quaint. When I was a little girl, I'd tell her that I was going to live in her house when I grew up and move into the back bedroom. The idea of a white picket fence is classic and represents a simpler, more idealistic time -- which also fits perfectly with my dream of being a 1950's house wife.


Halloween 2009: me as a 1950's housewife, my niece Jasalyn as a cow girl and my sister Carlee as a Ceiling Fan


5 comments:

Vickie said...

Both of those houses sound amazing and that is a hilarious picture of you guys.

Sammy said...

I always thought it would be cool to have a log cabin in NC or somewhere in the mountains.

JMJE said...

Being a 1950s housewife and having a picket fence would be pretty nice.

Devon said...

i can so relate with loving log cabins and cute cottages with a white picket fence. maybe someday, right? (i hope!)

The Undomestic Mom said...

how fun! love those!