Friday, January 8, 2010

For the Love of Produce

It's time to admit to my love affair... with vegetables.

Recently, I have found that I have been craving vegetables the way I usually crave chocolate. Ask Daniel... I practically shed a tear on the nights when we are out of delicious greens and then force grocery shopping upon him.

I have never been so preoccupied with vegetables before. It makes me wonder if my body is trying to tell me something? Am I lacking in iron or fiber? Or maybe the craving is so strong this week because of the unhealthy (yet oh-so delicious) things I stuffed into it during the Christmas break?

Currently, I am sitting here waiting for Daniel to pick me up, and lamenting the fact that I ate my entire bag of baby carrots yesterday. I wish I had saved a few so I could snack my chipotle hummus.

If this trend keeps up my goal of eating healthy will be a cinch. Especially since I've walked past the chocolate and caramel pretzel sandwiches in the kitchen at work at least a dozen times today and didn't even bat an eye-lash at them. Instead, I have been daydreaming about vegetable stir-fry and big plates of roasted broccoli all day.

I think, at least for me, broccoli could be the new chocolate.

(I also never thought the day would come when any food could replace chocolate in my heart!)

<3 Brittany


No comments: