Monday, January 25, 2010

Gratitude

Earlier today on Twitter, this tweet from @Peaceful_Daily caught my attention:

"Today is Gratitude Monday on our Facebook Page. Visit our wall and tell us what u r thankful for http://www.facebook.com/peacefuldaily".

I really love this idea, because, I don't know about you, but I spend way too much time being pessimistic and getting down on myself for one thing or another and not nearly enough time being thankful. But, I am incredibly blessed and have SO much to be thankful for. I decided to take time today to focus on all the wonderful in my life.

Here, in no particular order, are some of things that I am grateful for, from the serious to the silly:

1. My wacky, wonderful husband <3
2. My family - the one I was born into, the one I married into, and all the others who have become a part of it along the way
3. My friends, both near and far
4. Our furry felines - Phoebe, Bella, and Edward
5. Coffee - nothing beats that first sip in the morning!
6. My camera (even though I'd like a nicer one, mine still gets the job done)
7. Disney World... and really, all other things that have to do with Disney
8. Having an education
9. Having a job that I enjoy and that keeps a roof over my head and food in my stomach
10. Books and bubble baths (my favorite way to relax)
11. Knitting needles, crochet hooks and soft, lovely yarn
12. My sewing machine (although, I never thought I would take up sewing)
13. Target (duh?)
14. Little ones - babies and children with all their innocence and joy
15. Laughing - from little giggles to gut-busting, uncontrollable laughter that makes you cry
16. Sleep (and having a bed to sleep on and a husband to snuggle with)
17. Chocolate... mmmmm
18. Wine... mmmmm
19. Snow in the winter, flowers in the spring, sunshine in the summer, and pumpkins in the fall
20. Holidays - most especially Halloween and Christmas
21. Bowling (and my pink, sparkly Minnie Mouse bowling ball)
22. Being able to take a warm shower every night
23. Having shoes on my feet and clothes on my back
24. Flickering candle light on dark nights
25. Movies and music (and, let's not forget Netflix and Pandora)
26. Craft stores (my favorite place to wander)
27. Daisies
28. The mountains (and hiking)
29, The beach
30. My computer
31. The Great Garden State (you can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the girl)
32. The Keystone State (I'll even forgive you for your frightful lack of street lights + overabundance of deer)
33. Fruits and veggies (especially broccoli)
34. Prayer and healing
35. Hugs (and kisses, too)
36. My lovely red Kitchen Aid mixer (makes baking a breeze!)
37. Inspiration and experimentation (comes in handy with cooking and crafting)
38. Kitchens for making yummy things
39. 24 hour diners
40. Good conversations
41. Times of quiet
42. Records (to manipulate into fun and functional gifts)
43. Board games (even Monopoly, which I'm terrible at)
44. Tea kettles, tea cups, and tea with cream and honey
45. The sun and the moon and the stars
46. Guitars (and the lovely music my wacky, wonderful husband makes with them)
47. Thrift shops
48. Vacations
49. Flip flops (can't wait to bust them out for another season)
50. Being warm at night when it's could outside with cozy socks on my feet and my husband's arms keeping me safe

The best part? This list is barely the tip of the iceberg (also, if you read it all the way through, I am really impressed :) )! I am one lucky lady.

What are you thankful for today?

<3 Brittany

2 comments:

Helen McGinn said...

You had me at coffee.... ;O)

Brittany said...

coffee sure is a wonderful thing. :)