Thank you bunches, Steph! I feel so honored! *^-^*
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated me for the award
2. Copy the award and place it on my blog
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself
5. Nominate 7 other bloggers
Here are Seven Interesting Things About Me:
1. I have been "poo free" for almost 2 years... sham"poo", that is! Thanks to the advice from my sister-in-law, Leah, The Suburban Gal (who's been poo-free for nearly 5 years), I started washing my hair with baking soda and lemon juice and it's never felt better.
2. I have a lazy eye and I see double. This is why I had to get glasses at age 2. I wear contacts now, but when I take them out, my right eye drifts in towards my nose making me look semi-cross-eyed.
Yes - I am one of those people that can look directly at you and over your left shoulder at the same time.
3. I am a huge klutz. Case in point, I fell flat on my back in a stairwell at work today (and have the bruises to prove it - ouch!). I've also to broken my wrist three times, flown off the back of a treadmill (after burning my knees on the rotating rubber walking belt), and run full speed into a parked car causing me to wipe out in the middle of the street.
Thankfully, my parents had great medical insurance while I was growing up.
4. I'm love bargain hunting. To me, shopping is all about the thrill of the hunt and I can never pass up a good deal. My favorite haunts are Impact Thrift, Dollar Tree, and the clearance sections at Target and Old Navy.
5. In May 2005, I spent 2 weeks traveling Japan with a group of folks from Lancaster, PA. It was an indescribably amazing trip! The first night we were there, we all went to a public bath house with our host families. We practically hopped off the plane and then got naked and bathed together. Talk about a first impression!! Thank goodness the men's and women's sections were separated.
Some other highlights from the trip included: going to a restaurant that served sushi on a conveyor belt, singing karaoke with one of my host families (they pretty much insisted that I had to sing Britney Spears...), getting lost in Tokyo and stumbling into the Harajuku district, and touring Mt. Fuji on horseback.
6. I had a goldfish that died last year, about a week shy of his 17th birthday. His name was Biff and I won him in Kindergarten by throwing a ping pong ball into a fish bowl. By the time he died, he was huge and was losing scales and looked super creepy. But, it was still sad to see him go after all those years.
7. Dan and I have had an interesting relationship. When we first met, we hated each other. We had a mutual friend and I couldn't understand why she would hang out with someone as annoying and self-centered as Dan. He thought I was completely stuck-up.
Then, something crazy happened: We got to know each other! And we bonded over being from South Jersey and a mutual love of Duffield's Farm Market. Our first "date" was at Wal-Mart followed by a romantic hoagie dinner from Wawa. Dan "accidentally" asked me out through a letter and the first time he said "I love you", was also by accident.
Sometimes I wonder if he actually meant to propose or if he accidentally fell down one knee threw a ring at me... Either way, he's stuck now ;)
Now to spread the love to seven other Beautiful Bloggers: