Monday, February 15, 2010

Paper Fan Wall Art

I've alluded to my thrifty wall art a couple of times in previous posts, and finally, it's time for the "grand unveiling".

*Ta-da!*


The idea came from the lovely blog, Blue Cricket Designs. As soon as I saw her paper fan post, I knew it needed to happen in my apartment. It's such a quick and easy way to add interest and a pop of color to a bare wall.

I'll skip the step-by-step instructions, since they are already detailed over at Blue Cricket, but here are a few shots of the process:




In addition to her instructions, however, I will add I had to use a lot of sticky tack to get them to stay put! In the interest of conserving my sticky tack, I started with just a couple little dabs, but after the majority of the fans fell off, I realized that I really had to gob it on there (it works best placed in the center of the fan).

This is definitely project that you can accomplish in an hour or so. But, what I love most about it is how darn cheap it was!! I happened to have all the supplies on hand (scrapbook paper, glue gun, and sticky tack), so it cost me $0.00 (my favorite price!). Even if you need to pick up sticky tack and scrapbook paper, the project would still be well under $10 - doesn't get much better than that!

<3 Brittany

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so simple and cute! perfect for all that scrapbook paper i never got around to using!thx for sharing:)
www.misswrangler.blogspot.com

Shana Putnam said...

That looks so cute. I would love to try this sometime. Thanks for the link too.